The Importance of an Accessible Web
Here at Chartwell Insurance we understand the need for the web to be accessible for all audiences, whatever their hardware, software, language, culture, location, physical or mental ability.
At Chartwell we aim to cater for the needs of all users, and understand the importance of a well-designed interface to enable anyone to make the most of the tools we provide for them.
With our users in mind, we have made efforts to conform to the current guidelines for Web Accessibility, defined by W3C. We have outlined the guidelines which are relevant to aspects of this site. For a full list of guidelines go to World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Guidelines
Below is a brief description of some of the relevant guidelines we at Chartwell have aimed to adhere to.
- Guideline 1.1 Text Alternatives: Provide text alternatives for any non-text content so that it can be changed into other forms people need, such as large print, braille, speech, symbols or simpler language.
- Guideline 1.3 Adaptable: Create content that can be presented in different ways (for example simpler layout) without losing information or structure.
- Guideline 1.4 Distinguishable: Make it easier for users to see and hear content including separating foreground from background.
- Guideline 2.1 Keyboard Accessible: Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- Guideline 2.2 Enough Time: Provide users enough time to read and use content.
- Guideline 2.3 Seizures: Do not design content in a way that is known to cause seizures.
- Guideline 2.4 Navigable: Provide ways to help users navigate, find content, and determine where they are.
- Guideline 3.1 Readable: Make text content readable and understandable.
- Guideline 3.2 Predictable: Make Web pages appear and operate in predictable ways.
- Guideline 3.3 Input Assistance: Help users avoid and correct mistakes.
- Guideline 4.1 Compatible: Maximize compatibility with current and future user agents, including assistive technologies.
If you have any questions about our accessibility policy, send an email to email@example.com and we will do our best to answer your query.